WhatsApp always brings new features to protect the chats of its users. And recently WhatsApp Introduce New Chat Lock Feature for its users. WhatsApp has introduced this feature to provide better security and better chat experience to its users. In today’s article, we will explore this new feature and everything you need to know about it.
What is the WhatsApp Chat Lock Feature?
WhatsApp offers end-to-end encryption to protect users’ privacy, there is still a concern for the safety of users’ chats. That’s why WhatsApp has introduced a new chat lock feature to provide enhanced security to its users.
WhatsApp Chat Lock is a new privacy feature that allows users to lock individual chats or groups with a fingerprint. This is a feature which makes sure that only the authorised user can open and read that WhatsApp chat.
This WhatsApp lock feature is currently available only in some beta Android mobiles but soon it will be made available in all versions.Although WhatsApp already gave the facility to lock its WhatsApp app. But now WhatsApp has expanded this feature and now you will be able to lock your personal chats and personal groups easily with fingerprint.
This means that if you open your WhatsApp to someone, they can only see as many chats as you want them to see. They will not able to see your personal chat which you have been locked.
How to Enable WhatsApp Chat Lock Feature?
So if you want to enable this WhatsApp chat then you can do it very easily. For this you just have to follow some steps given below –
- First of all, go to the chat you want to lock.
- After that you open the profile of that chat.
After opening the profile, scroll down the screen and come down a bit, where you will see the option of Chat Lock. You have to click on the same option.
- After clicking, now you will turn on the button next to “Lock this chat with fingerprint”.
- Now here you will be asked to “Confirm fingerprint to lock”, then you can lock the chat by putting your fingerprint here.
- So in this way that chat of yours is locked.
How to Access Locked Chats on WhatsApp?
Now if you want to open that chat then you will open your WhatsApp.
- After Open the whatsApp you will swipe down the screen.
- Here you will see the option of locked chat, which you will click on.
- After that you will be asked for fingerprint, then you have to confirm your fingerprint.
- Now here you will see the chat of the person whom you have locked and you can easily open that chat and read and chat with that person.