Over 150 countries, including India, have received the new Channels feature from WhatsApp. Providing a new way to get private updates from the people and organizations that matter to you, the new Channels feature is a one-way broadcast tool.
In this article we will tell you about How to Create WhatsApp Channels On Android, iOS And Web? For more information on the Step-by-Step Detailed Guide to Creating the Channels, read this post through to the end.
What Are WhatsApp Channels?
WhatsApp Channels are a new feature by Meta that can be used to spread information to a large audience in the form of pictures, videos, or text. They are essentially one-way broadcasting tools.
The ability to broadcast information to followers more quickly is especially useful for content producers and businesses. Channels do not allow followers to send messages.
How Do I Make Channels on WhatsApp?
To create the Channels, open WhatsApp on your phone and select Updates from the Updates menu in the bottom right corner. Select “New Channel” by tapping the Plus icon (+) after that. By selecting “Get started” from the menu, follow the on-screen instructions, and then type the Channel name.
Once you’ve entered the channel name, you can customize it by adding the channel icon and description. Once you’ve finished customizing your WhatsApp channel, tap the Create Channel button. Your new channel will be ready immediately.
How to Create A WhatsApp Channel On the Web?
- Open your WhatsApp on the Web first before creating the channel there.
- Choose the Create channel option.
- Click Continue, then select “Get Started” from the menu to proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- To finish setting up your channel, type the name of the channel; you can change it later.
- Once you’ve entered the channel name, you can customize it by adding the channel icon and description.
- After finishing customizing your WhatsApp channel, tap the Create Channel button. Your new channel will be ready immediately.
How to Delete A WhatsApp Channel?
You have the option to delete your WhatsApp Channel if you believe its purpose has been achieved. To delete a whatsapp channel follow these steps:
- You must return to the Updates tab in order to delete a WhatsApp Channel that has already been created.
- Open the Channel you want to delete by tapping on it, then tap on its name at the top.
- Next, select the Delete Channel button located at the bottom of the Channel info page.
- Tap on the red Delete button that can be found on the confirmation page.
- Enter your WhatsApp account phone number in a pop-up window that appears.
- Simply tap the Delete button. Your channel will be deleted