All of us have experienced the feeling of needing cash but not having our ATM card on hand. UPI has introduced a new method for using an ATM to make a cash withdrawal without a card.
Unified Payments Interface is referred to as UPI who enables your smartphone to send and receive money using this seamless platform.
In this article we will tell you about How To Use UPI To Withdraw Cash from an ATM? So that the next time you forget your card and your wallet then you can easily withdraw your money.
How To Use UPI To Withdraw Cash from an ATM?
After finding an ATM that supports UPI, use your preferred UPI app to withdraw cash by following the instructions below:
- You must choose either “UPI Cash Withdrawal” or “UPI Cardless Cash” from the menu options on the screen.
- Proceed to enter your desired withdrawal amount in 100, 500, 1,000, 2,000, and 5,000- rupees increments (depending on the ATM).
- The machine will create a one-time use QR code for the selected amount in the following step.
- You can now scan the QR code on an iPhone or an Android phone using any UPI app that is installed on your device.
- Enter your UPI PIN to confirm the transaction.
- Your cash will be withdrawn from the ATM and a confirmation notification will show up in the UPI app of your choice.
- Before leaving the ATM kiosk, make sure you don’t forget your cash.
How Does Cardless Cash Withdrawal Differ from UPI ATMs?
UPI-based cash withdrawal offers the same practical feature as cardless cash withdrawal. The primary difference is that the OTPs are used to verify transactions instead of phone numbers, which are no longer necessary.
Use your smartphone to scan the displayed QR code to access the UPI ATM functionality. A video demonstrating this function was posted by Union Minister Piyush Goyal on X (previously Twitter):
Your installed UPI app will make it simple for you to switch between different accounts, and the maximum withdrawal amount from UPI ATMs is set at Rs 10,000. Because it will count towards your daily UPI transaction limit, use caution when withdrawing cash from ATMs.
Also read: Android 14 Release Date Announced
Features of UPI ATM’s Cardless Money Withdrawals
The following are some of this facility’s key characteristics:
- The service enables seamless cardless transactions.
- For cash withdrawals from ATMs, people do not need to carry their debit or credit cards.
- Users will be able to use the UPI app to withdraw money from several accounts.
- The facility has a Rs. 10,000 transaction cap. However, it might differ from one bank to another. The maximum is included in the daily Rs. 1 lakh total transfer limit through UPI.
- Two-step verification is used to increase security and decrease the likelihood of fraudulent transactions.
In this article we discussed about How To Use UPI To Withdraw Cash from an ATM? Using UPI to withdraw cash from an ATM is a secure and practical method of getting the cash you require without a card.
Just find an ATM that accepts UPI, choose “UPI cash withdrawal,” and use your UPI app to scan the QR code displayed on the ATM screen. You will get your money shortly after few minutes.