Ration card is an important document in India that allows poor and needy families to buy food items at concessional rates. This subsidy is provided by the government and ensures that everyone has access to basic food items. If you do not have a ration card and you are eligible, you can easily How to Apply ration card online. Let us know in detail in this article How to Apply ration card online.
What are the types of Ration Cards?
Ration cards are divided into different categories, each of which benefit different subsidy rates. Based on the financial condition of your family, which category of ration card you will get, it is determined. There are usually four main types of ration cards in India:
Antyodaya Ann Yojana (Aay Ration Card): It is for the poorest families and they get the most subsidy on grains, sugar, kerosene etc.
BPL (BPL Ration Card): It is for families living below the poverty line (BPL) and they get less than AAY ration card but significant subsidy.
APL (APL Ration Card): It is for families living above the poverty line and they do not get less or any subsidy on basic food items.
White Ration Card: This is a new category ration card which has been implemented in some states. This card holders get ration at a small cost than the market rate.
Also read: How To Avail PMEGP Scheme Loan
Eligibility for making new ration card
There are some eligibility criteria to create a new ration card. These criteria may vary from the state to the state, but generally, you have to fulfill the following conditions:
- Should be a citizen of India.
- The age of the applicant should be more than 18 years.
- No family member should be in a government job.
- No family member should be an income tax payer.
- The house should not have a four -wheel vehicle.
- No family member should earns more than Rs 10,000 per month.
- The family should be socially and economically weak.
- The family should not have a four -room pucca house.
In some states, there may be some changes in these criteria. For example, in some states, the family must have a house of lower than a certain amount.
Documents required for online ration card
To apply for online ration card you will need the following documents:
- Aadhaar card of applicant
- PAN card
- Bank account passbook
- Income certificate of family head
- Caste certificate of family head
- Residence certificate of the head of the family
- Basic residence certificate of all other members of the family
- Passport size photo of all family members
- Mobile number of all family members
How to Apply ration card online?
To apply online for your new ration card, you have to follow the following steps:
1. Register on Portal
- To apply online ration card, you have to go to the official website of the Food and Supplies Department, whose link is provided below.
- After coming to the website, you will see a tab of sign in/ register on the home page, on which you will click.
- After clicking, you have to click on the option of public login.
- As soon as you click on the option of this login, a new page will come in front of you, where you have to click on the option of New user or sign up here.
- As soon as you click on the option of New user, a registration form will open in front of you, in which you will have to fill some necessary information.
- After carefully filling all the information, click on the submit button.
- As soon as you click on the submit, you will get a login ID and password from the Food and Supplies Department. Through which you will be able to login from the portal and apply for the ration card.
2. Log in and apply in the portal
- After getting the ID password, you will get the option to login to the portal. You will login to the NFSA portal by entering your ID and password.
- On logging, a new page will come in front of you, where you have to click on the option of the Common Registration Faculty.
- On clicking this option, the application form will be open in front of you, in which you have to fill all your needs and also have to upload the documents mentioned in this article.
- After filling the application form and uploading the documents, you will click on the submit button.
- On clicking, you will get a receipt to apply in the ingredient card. You print this Rashid and keep it safe.
- By following these steps, you can easily apply for online ration card.
In today’s article we know about how to make a Ration Card. With this article you can easily apply for new ration card by sitting on home. If you need any information related to make new ration card, please let us know in comment. If you find this articl helpful please share to other people who want to apply for new ration card.